Meet Rutgers Postdocs

Rutgers is proud to be home to a vibrant and growing community of over 650 postdocs!

What is a "postdoc"?

A "postdoc"—the short title for "postdoctoral researcher"—is a highly skilled individual holding a doctoral degree who is engaged in a temporary and defined period of advanced mentored research and/or scholarly training for the purpose of acquiring the professional skills and research independence needed to pursue either an academic or nonacademic career path of his or her choosing. Postdocs typically perform research under the supervision and mentorship of a more senior researcher or faculty, called the Principal Investigator (PI).

Check out this month's featured postdocs. Connect with them and others! And if you would like to be featured next month, please contact us.

Where are Rutgers postdocs?

As of November 2016, about 90 percent of Rutgers postdocs are concentrated in these 10 areas. The other 10 percent are spread across the following 22 areas.

A majority of postdocs (359) are located on Busch Campus in Piscataway, followed by Newark (120), New Brunswick (63), Cook Campus (54), College Avenue (17), Camden (6), Off Campus (5), Livingston (3), and Douglass (2).

postdoc loc

How can I connect with Rutgers postdocs?

Check out the various ways to get involved and connect with Rutgers postdocs.