meet rutgers postdocs

Meet Rutgers Postdocs

What is a "postdoc"?

A "postdoc"—the short title for "postdoctoral researcher"—is a highly skilled individual holding a doctoral degree who is engaged in a temporary and defined period of advanced mentored research and/or scholarly training for the purpose of acquiring the professional skills and research independence needed to pursue either an academic or nonacademic career path of his or her choosing. Postdocs typically perform research under the supervision and mentorship of a more senior researcher or faculty, called the Principal Investigator (PI).

As of January 30, 2020, Rutgers was home to 763 postdoctoral researchers.

Where are Rutgers postdocs?

The majority of postdocs were geographically located in Piscataway (471), followed by New Brunswick (148), Newark (130), Camden (10), and Off-campus (4).

Demographics

Nearly 92% (705) of postdocs were concentrated in 10 schools and institutes. The remaining 8% (58) were spread out across various units and campuses at Rutgers.

by school/institute